Closing Date: Monday, 19 December 2016
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Facilitate the coordination and management of the Pepkor Group’s tax compliance aspects for both South African and foreign business operations; and assist with Group tax reporting.
- Conduct tax research (Corporate Income tax, VAT & PAYE)
- Facilitate the roll out of operational tax policies and controls to the Group companies/divisions
- Prepare Group tax compliance status reports
- Assist with communication to all Group companies/divisions’ Financial Management regarding tax compliance statuses
- Calculate tax risk estimations based on identified exposures
- Monthly and regular/ad hoc reporting to the Pepkor Tax Manager
- Facilitate the documentation of the Group Transfer pricing policy & monitor resultant fees levied, compliance requirements and queries/submissions.
- Facilitate and monitor WHT processes
- Assist with drafting communication to regulators on tax matters (e.g. audits/revenue authority queries)
- Facilitate the preparation of various entities’ quarterly income tax computations and tax reporting
- Review/Compile various entities’ income tax returns for filing purposes
- Facilitate Internal & External Audits and Independent Tax Reviews
- Tax related group projects (research, best practices, tax initiatives and incentives)
- BComm (Accounting) or relevant accounting/tax qualification
- CA (SA) would be advantageous
- At least 2 years’ experience in a tax position or accounting position with tax responsibilities
- Experience in liaising with regulators on tax matters (e.g. audits/revenue authorities)
- Understanding of legislation and/or experience in international tax will be advantageous
- Retail industry experience will be advantageous
- Computer literacy: Advanced level (Office Software and Financial systems)
- Skills: Analytical; Problem solving; Decision making; Build and maintain healthy business relationships; Attention to detail, Commercial / Business acumen; Assertive; Mature; Proactive.
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV.
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.To submit your application Vist us on a pc